Originally posted at bucksuzuki.org.
The T.Buck Suzuki Foundation is opening applications for their annual Buck Suzuki Legacy Bursary. They are offering a bursary of $1000, open to students in any fisheries or marine related studies (including undergraduate, graduate, and trade studies).
Deadline: June 15, 2019
Please provide a letter or video (max. 3 pages or 5 minutes) addressing the following questions:
- In your opinion, what is the greatest challenge facing youth today?
- How may your studies help to build a brighter future?
- Please describe your relationship to the ocean or marine community:
- How do you interact with the marine environment?
- If applicable, detail family employment in the marine sectors and/or any connection to marine industries
- Eligible candidates must be enrolled in a marine-related undergraduate, graduate, or trade program in a Canadian institution.
- Some examples include: marine trades, shipwright, vessel master, marine biology or ecology, fisheries science, social justice, community health sciences, or natural resource management.
- Preference will be given to students with family connection to the marine sectors
- Supporting documents are encouraged, any including:
- Letters of reference
- high school or university transcripts
- a list of accomplishments including awards, presentations, publications, work experience, public service, etc.
Please submit all bursary application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2019.